Facebook Business Groups: Quality is KEY!
There is always so much scuttle about Facebook business groups being used for business. One person chooses to mass add every single person on their friends list, all the while annoying people and building enemies. (Even the radio stations talk about this being something that makes the Facebook user crazy!) Another person chooses to add their closet friends and then asks their friends to mass add people. Some people post contests for adding. And some simply ASK people to join and then don’t see the numbers they want joining their group.
I have a pretty firm believe on this topic. Always invite; `never add without permission. This is what I expect from others and this is the action I take with my Facebook business group pages. And I hope that my followers, “groupies” as I love to call them (hopefully they think it is as cute/funny as I do), my VIPers (VIPERS!), respect me more as a business woman for how I handle the invite process.
I recently joined a new company. It was not planned. I simply fell in LOVE with the product and the next step was to join because I could see the amazing potential in sharing the product. I have not started a new Facebook group page for business in several years. (5 to be exact because I will be celebrating my 5 year anniversary with my foundation company. Trying to figure out how to classify the two companies. One can be papa bear and the other mama bear? One is foundation or first floor and the other is the second floor? Yeah, I need to brainstorm.) So when I started a new group page for my new business I was worried about how much interaction and participation I would get from a smaller amount of people added. Let me share with you the steps I followed:
- Create Group (Boom! Feeling good!)
- Added info and pictures to the group. (On a roll!)
- Posted in my event to please join my group page and asked them to comment if they wanted me to add them! (I started this business by hosting an event for a friend and signed up 2 days into the event! Yeah, it’s that good and that much fun!)
- Ran a contest for my current groupies. Asked them to post (gave them the verbiage) on their personal profile INVITING people to join my group with some awesome pictures of the product. If someone commented “ADD ME PLEASE, OH PLEASE” they had permission to add. (I was very specific in my request that there would be NO mass adds. I did not want people in the group that did not request to join! The concentration was quality!)
- And last, blew up the page with LIVE videos (me being ME, san make-up and all), informational material, marketing pictures, and asked the groupies to post their pictures as well.
And guess what happened? QUALITY! I started with under 10 members and now we are almost to 100! And the group has so much activity and participation that people are missing posts because so much gets pushed up to the front every single hour. I truly have never had a more active and FUN group page for business. People want to be there. People want to participate and join in on the crazy! And the group is so entertaining! (I posted a LIVE video a few days ago and it is so funny, people are commenting that they watch it daily, just to laugh!) You can’t buy that kind of successful marketing!
Here’s the deal: mass adding just adds a lot of grumpy people to your group that most likely don’t want to be there. (One of my husband’s friends continued to add him to a woman’s clothing group over and over again till my husband had to block the group. Needless to say, my husband is STILL grumpy about this.) It’s not YOU! Don’t be sad. It just is. Not everyone wants to join in on the fun. Their loss, not yours. Market to the people that WANT to be there and want to interact! Quality versus Quantity and QUALITY WINS!
Interested in more tips and info? Come join my Lipsense VIP group and see the quality vs. quantity in action!